Do you also love quark? Did you know you can make a healthy quark pie (gezonde kwarktaart) and even eat it for breakfast? Well if you’re interested, keep on reading!
Quark is one of our favourite foods, because you can use it for almost anything. You can make quarkbread (kwarkbrood) with quark, use it as a healthy ingredient for sauce, eat it for breakfast, lunch or dessert with some fruit and toppings or add it in your smoothie. But today we have an even better idea for using quark. Like you probably know, quark is very healthy and rich in proteins. So therefore we thought it would be amazing to create another recipe with quark. A recipe you can eat for breakfast, lunch, diner or dessert. Well, what do you think about this: healthy quark pie! Especially Dutch people really love quark pie, but in Holland we call it ‘gezonde kwarktaart’.
This healthy quark pie is so delicious and full of flavor, you almost won’t believe it’s healthy. We decided to make a small quark pie in a 16 cm spring form. The whole quark pie contains only 560 calories! And it’s full of protein, because it contains 40 grams of protein. It looks like this healthy quark pie only has advantages, because it’s healthy, delicious and you don’t have to bake this pie.
If you would like another flavour, you can choose another quark, like raspberry or strawberry flavour. You can also add some fruit on top of the pie.
55 gr oatmeal
450 gr low fat quark (apple-cinnamon)
5 gelatine sheets
1. Mix the dates and oatmeal in a blender or food processor.
2. Grease the bottom of your springform with some oil.
3. Divide the datemixture evenly over the bottom. Press firmly so that everything remains in place. Store in the fridge until the filling is ready.
4. Soak the gelatine sheets in water for approximately 5 minutes.
5. Take them out of the water and squeeze the water out. Put them together with 5 tablespoons water in a saucepan and place over low heat. Keep stirring until the gelatine sheets are melted. Don’t let it cook!
6. Pour the quark in a large bowl. Add the gelatinemixture and mix everything together.
7. Pour the quarkmixture on the datemixture and store the quark pie for at least 3 hours in the fridge.
Enjoy your healthy quark pie (gezonde kwarktaart)!