If you want to vary with your breakfast, because you want something else than (overnight) oats, quark, banana pancakes, yoghurt or bread, that you should try this easy and delicious recipe for chia seed pudding.
Why chia seed pudding?
Don’t be fooled by their size! Chia seeds are busting with nutrients and have many benefits, to nourish your body. They are high in omega 3 fatty acids and fibre content, as well as rich in calcium and have plenty of antioxidants, to prevent free radical damage in the body.
1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
4 tablespoons chia seeds
250ml almond milk (or your favourite nut milk)
1 medium very ripe banana (should have brown spots on the peel)
1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder ( try an added 1/2 teaspoon for a slightly stronger cinnamon taste)
1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon of cacao nibs
1. Place all of the chia seeds into a medium sized mixing bowl (to give the room to expand, trust me!) then add the almond milk and mix ingredients together.
2. Then place the bowl into the fridge and leave for 4 hours or overnight.
3. Mash the banana in a bowl.
4. Mix the mashed banana with the raw cacao powder, maple syrup, cinnamon and cacao nibs, until you achieve a smooth con-sistency.
5. Combine this mixture, with the previously chilled chia seed pud-ding.
6. Top your chia seed pudding with more chopped banana and cacao nibs (optional)
Enjoy your chia seed pudding with banana and cacao!
This recipe has been created by Emily Deyt-Aysage, who likes nothing more than to cook up new delicious treats and eats! Emily is currently studying nutrition and lives in London. Do you want to discover new health hotspots and recipe ideas? Then follow Emily’s Instagram: @thewholesomediaries or check her blog: thewholesomediaries.co.uk