Ingredients for 12 muffins
1 large sweet potato
95 grams almond flour
155 gram spelled flour
125 ml almond milk
2 teaspoons baking powder
60 grams of pecans
8 tbsp olive oil
8 tbsp agave syrup (or maple syrup)
a pinch of salt
optional: 1 teaspoon vanilla powder and vanilla sugar
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Peel the sweet potato, slice in small pieces and boil in a pan of water for 8 minutes.
- Add the almondmilk and the oil in a bowl and mix together.
- Add the bakingpowder (optional: the vanille powder or sugar), agave syrup, flour and salt into the bowl and mix together with a hand blender or a whisk.
- Add the eggs.
- Mash the sweet potato and chop the pecan nuts in pieces. Mix the mashed potato and chopped pecans through the batter.
- Pour the batter into the muffin molds and bake them in the oven for approximately 30 minutes.
Tip: like most of our recipes, you can also freeze these muffins. Store them in a closed plastic sandwich bag in the freezer. If you want a sweet potato muffin for the next day, place the muffin in the fridge the night before.