Bananabread is one of our favourite snacks, mainly because of it’s moist and creamy texture. Once in a while we’re changing our recipe for bananabread by adding other ingredients like blueberries, almond flakes, nuts or by using other flour. This new recipe is a recipe for a healthy banana cake packed with blueberries. Besides almond flour we’ve also used oatmeal flour. You can buy this in the store or grind/blend some oatmeal until it’s oatmeal flour. Enjoy baking this lovely and healthy banana blueberry cake (or bread ;-))!
100 gr oatmeal flour
50 gr almond flour
3 large bananas
2 tsp baking powder
120 gr blueberries
30 gr almond flakes
- Mix the bananas and eggs with a hand blender in a bowl or mix it in a food processor.
- Add the oatmeal flour, almond flour and baking powder to the bowl.
- Add the blueberries and almonds to the batter and stir with a spoon.
- Cover the cake tin with baking paper and pour the batter in the cake tin.
- Bake the cake for 45 minutes on 175 degrees.
- The cake is ready when a skewer comes out dry and clean.
Enjoy your healthy banana blueberry cake!
Tip: you can add some banana slices on top of the cake before baking it in the oven. It doesn’t has a purpose, it just looks nice 😉
Tip: cut your cake into slices, put the slices in cling film or sandwich bags and freeze them. Now you’ll have a fresh slice of this healthy banana blueberry cake for each day of the week!
Let us know if you baked this healthy banana blueberry cake by tagging us on Instagram @getvices or #Getvices